TGIF! This week has utterly drained me; maybe it’s been all the crazy weather changes, my chaotic work schedule, or the fact that I have a teething toddler whose favorite past time as of late is to see how many gray hairs he can give me in one day.
Yesterday I was home with the little
hellion guy, and our time together consisted of (but was not limited to):
- Me plucking Ben from the Vader’s water bowl no less than 5 times
- Me picking up an entire dinner (with the exception of the beloved cherry tomatoes) from the kitchen floor, where it was thrown from his highchair
- Me mopping up an entire bottle of new bubbles that were dumped on the deck (necessitating the third outfit change of the day)
- Me getting poo smeared on me whilst trying to change the diaper of a wriggling child
- Me getting Vader’s poo smeared on me while removing Ben’s sh*t covered shoe (his TOM’S no less )
- Me catching Ben a mere millisecond from throwing my I-phone in the toilet (VICTORY!!), where it would join the mascara that was already in there (after a defeat)
Okay, clearly Ben is in a “testing the boundaries” phase. Please tell me this is somewhat normal. Please. Every time I turn around he is into something new- I finish cleaning one mess, only to walk into another.
By 3:00 I was counting down the minutes until my nightly
bottle glass of wine. The hubbs didn’t even have a chance to put the car in park when he got from work before I handed the little guy off.
Seriously though- my patience (and gag reflex) was being severely tested. Anyone have any good calming techniques for getting through “one of those days”? Deep breaths? A long walk? Chamomile tea? An early start to happy hour?!?!
I am so ready for this weekend…need to gain back some of my sanity!